Mithras:
Whoopsy:
SciFrog:

First I do not agree with your “EV is only ready in a few cities” argument. EV is a problem ONLY in large cities. In the rest of the country, just charge at home. You can even use your electric dryer plug, basically everyone has one.

Second, if large old groups like VW, BMW or Mercedes are so good at what they do, how do you explain that today there are ZERO of their cars in my large garage? How do you explain that Tesla is the largest represented brand on my office parking lot? How do you explain that every EV build today has Tesla in their crosshairs? It is simple, they missed the EV and software train and now they are a good 5 years behind. Like everyone else, they thought Tesla was going to fail. They were wrong (so far).

Can VW beat Tesla at their own game? Maybe yes. Maybe no. But by the time they do, it might be too late and Tesla might sell 500,000+ cars a year and be stable financially.

Opinions matter, especially when they are back by where ones $$$ goes.

You are ONE sample among hundreds of millions of car buyers. 

So am I, where I don't have any Tesla or EV cars. My city is one of the greenest electricity source in the world, 100% hydroelectric. There are many Teslas in town, and we don't have a highway in the middle of the city, so it's all city driving, primary purpose of a Tesla. Yet, Teslas are still a minority as compared to everything else. Heck, daily you will see more Ferrari McLaren and Lamborghini than Tesla. And charging is still a problem for most people. Majority of people living in the city is not on individual houses where they can have their own plug, condos have a few charging spots built into the parkade but not enough for everyone. Same with office and street parking where the availability of plugins spots is close to zero. 

I"m in Vancouver every couple of months and the only reason you see more Ferraris, McLarens and Lamborghinis than Teslas is because you walk through your garage first thing every morning!Smiley

That's a good one SmileySmileySmileySmiley