Quote:

Hm, I'm still not sure about the colour but the rest is absolutely correct. At least until the 997 TT comes out!

I have to admit that I am not too fond of the red colour on the 996 and 997 models, though the very first picture I have seen of the 996 C2 a couple of years ago was the red one and it looked great. The red colour fits much better than on previous models but I would still rather go for a light silver, dark colour or Speed Yellow! Just my personal taste.

In terms of resale value it strongly depends on your market. White cars (and also red Mercedes limousines) in Germany are something like an absolute no-go - though I suppose it will re-appear in the near future. Especially white colours with a tint (towards certain colours like blue) should be a hit in a short time!
On the other side, from what I've heard, white cars are very popular in the Middle East.

Greetings!

I understand your apprehension. I didn't think I would ever buy a red Porsche until I saw my latest in the flesh (as it were)and I immediately knew I just had to have it.

For me, an unadulterated 996TT, red with black interior, is about as perfect as a car can get. I need no more in life!

White cars here are ubiquitous. Pretty hideous generally, but there's no accounting for taste and I'm not one to judge!