Tracking should be fun. I don't have fun anymore because of cost (and associated worries), I enjoy other things in life. Like spending time with the family or with friends during group drives. I said it before, cost is a serious issue. 30 years ago, I didn't mind destroying a set of tires on one track day or some stone chips/damages on rims and paint, it was just money, right? Smiley Nowadays I always think about what I could do instead with the money. Smiley My son asked me to do some drifting in the E63S (winter tires). I had some fun with him, smoke included. Smiley Last week I was at my Mercedes dealer because the engine ODB lamp came on again. When returning the car to me, the mechanic said "what the heck did you do with the front and especially the rear tires on the right side of the car?" I didn't understand at first but then he showed me. In conclusion, I got yesterday two new winter tires. Smiley

Sorry but at my age, you set priorities. My Huracan Performante will see the track maybe twice or three times a year (special events with my buddies) and that's it. These events already cost me close to 8k EUR together (incl. catering and everything). My buddies enjoy such track events and other events more than a dozen times a year, they spend 2-3k EUR for a weekend and yes, it is fun. a 40-50k EUR per year fun. I cannot afford it, sorry. I want to spend time with my family, this is more important to me and if I blow out the money for car fun only, there won't be anything left for other stuff like vacations. My kids still live at home and I enjoy every single moment with them.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)