Paint removal is really only an issue if the film is applied to a feshly painted car. PPF removal issues issues usually occur where a car has had some panels resprayed and then the PPF has been applied too quickly.

Modern water based paints require time to fully cure and seal themselves. It's around 10 years ago since I required warranty remedial paintwork on a Ferrari that was delivered from the factory with glaring paint flaws and the PPF installer advised to let the paint cure for at least two weeks before they would apply the film. This time may have changed in the intervening years. It really shouldn't be an issue on a factory paint finish. I'd imagine it is well worth protecting the carbon areas as those are low on the car so more vulnerable to damage.

Beware of the ceramic coatings. They appear to provide reasonable protection for people who don't like washing their cars as they help prevent the light scratches and swirls caused by poor washing techniques. The downside of them is that once applied they need to be machine polished off. They do not provide any form of protection for stone (rock) chip damage.

One thing to be aware of is that the PPF should have a good coating of some form of wax/polish on it. Bug splatter is a problem for these films if left too long on the car, especially in strong sunshine and high temperatures. I believe advances have been made with the film in this regard but am still wary that it will stain through the film.