RC:

After reading so much about paint protection films, I am more concerned with removing the film other than actually putting it on. Apparently some cars(paint) get damaged in the process. 

I actually planned to use PPF on my new car (Performante), all of it, including the forged carbon parts but now I am a little bit worried. Should I do the whole car? Only the paint? Only the forged carbon parts and a ceramic coating for the paint? Not easy to decide, everyone tells you something else. yes

Most people I asked tell me to use PPF and not worry about the removal but I'm not sure now...

I also don't want the PPF installer to remove door panels and other stuff on my car because we all know what kind of issues this can cause.

So right now, I am tempted to get the front done with PPF, also the forged carbon parts but the rest of the paint with a ceramic coating. Still not sure what to do though. surprise

The PPF installer my dealer uses has a Performante himself and changes the PPF every couple of months to show what is possible. No issues according to him. Still...I am worried.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

The concern with removal is more to do with painted on stripes etc. Agree on not removing panels. If you are going to do it you might as well do the whole car.