ISUK:

I'll be interested to see how sales of the Evo go. My dealer has been in touch trying to tempt me to swap for one and I get the feeling they may be struggling to find customers which isn't surprising in the current economic climate. Lamborghini have certainly widened their offering in terms of the range of colours for both the interior and exterior and made a lot of items standard that were cost options on the previous Huracan.

The Evo is basically 90% of a Performante in all regards (sound, performance, feel, etc.), this is what someone who attended the event in Bahrain said. Very impressive car according to that person. It is "only" the Huracan facelift though, not a successor for the Performante. This is why people here are still trying to get a Performante but at some point, the availability will dry out and they have no choice.

I've seen that there seem to be many used Performante on sale in the UK, which surprised me. I guess many of the previous owners wanted something fast but also something comfortable and the Performante is definitely not both. Smiley

My dealer has a couple of Evo orders but there isn't really crazy demand for this car. The problem is that it is new and there is basically (almost) no discount for the car, also bad lease offers because there are no "incentives" from the lease company and/or manufacturer yet. This could change after a while but right now...

Another issue is the price increase, even if the Evo has now many free features the old model didn't have (you had to pay for them, like navigation, bluetooth, magneto-rheological suspension, dynamic steering...). Special colors also cost more now, even if some of the previously available colors (base and metallic colors) are free of cost options now.

Personally, I think that the new Evo is a terrific offer from Lamborghini, a very nice facelift, despite the price increase. However and now we need to talk business here: The competition like the Ferrari 488 (facelift is due soon) and the McLaren 720S (yes, in Germany the price difference isn't that big) is quite strong, same goes to other brands, so Lamborghini has a tough time to find the right place in the market, especially since the Evo is, quite frankly, a little bit underpowered for it's price tag. What is/was acceptable for the Performante because it is basically a track car and a special edition model, isn't that great for the Huracan facelift. Especially since the next Huracan generation is due 2023. That said, I think that Lamborghini should have tried to keep the price (almost) the same for the Evo, especially in view of a possibly new economic slowdown or even crisis worldwide.

Lamborghini's reputation has increased a lot over the past couple of years but they need to be careful to keep a "proper" value/performance level. The new 992 Turbo S is also coming (next year) and this car will certainly give the Huracan Evo a run for it's money, no doubt about it.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)