m4ever:
Paulo_Rangel_Melo:

I think i´m going to quit but...

You guys here on Rennteam (not F****** Rennlist) realise that a red reflector/strip/illuminated or not connecting the tail lights has been a part of the nine eleven since 73 right?

Don`t quit, enjoy very much your postsSmiley

The stripe was introduced, on the 911,  with 1974 G models. No reflector stripe on previous F models. It was never illuminated prior to the 991 (4) and 992 . I personally don`t like  the illuminated stripe, brings back memory of the unilamp trend in the sixties on american cars, but that is not the main issue , the issue is that it reduces the 911 identity as the same unilamp  is  on the Cayenne Macan and Panamera. For me the best design feature of the 992 are the pronounced hips, this the 911 Dna. 

At the end of October, I attended an event in the Chicago suburbs.  Returning back to downtown, I was behind a car with a very bright horizontal strip of light drawn across the entire rear of the car.  At first I didn’t recognize it.  As I got closer, I thought it could be a Panamera but the stripe was too wide.  Then I thought it was a 991/4 but something was still amiss.   Then I realized it could be a 992.   As I tried to take a closer look by pulling alongside, the driver braked and with relatively heavy traffic my opportunity was lost.

The point of my ramblings is that the 992 seems more ambiguous and anonymous at night with this new tail lamp signature.