TB993tt:
nberry:
Whoopsy:

For most car dealers, used car mark up are between 15%-30%

Do the math and you will know what price they paid for the car from the original owner.

And if you look at the cars from the owner's selling side, not the dealer's asking price side, the depreciation is jaw dropping.

Most cars can expect a 15-30% depreciation the first year. Porsche GT and Ferrari mid engine are the exception.Smiley

I am finding it interesting how many people have forgotten "normal" pre 2010 depreciation rates, there seem to be a lot of car guys who have been getting used to getting allocations of non depreciating or appreciating cars, I thought Whoopsy has been a car guy for a bit longer and can remember past his recent VIP allocations but the "jaw dropping" comment indicates otherwise. I'm interested would he still have bought his myriad of special cars if there had been the normal 15-30% annual hit ? Smiley

As far as I know Nick, I think he really gets the car he wants (and likes). Not sure he is really considering depreciation. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)