lexs4:
reginos:

Porsche would lose the game if the GT cars stay n/a. They need another at least 100 PS to be competitive with McLaren for example, especially given the high weight of the Porsche "lightweight" models. The have been squeezing little increments out of the n/a engine but this is near the limit.

The current GTS is as fast as the GT3, almost.

I cannot see the fuss about staying n/a when Porsche have a tradition in turbocharging high performance cars.

I disagree, the only thing keeping me as a Porsche customer is the N/A GT cars.  Once they go turbocharged I see no reason not to move to McLaren.  Or god forbid an Audi R8 Smiley The N/A engine is what really differentiates the GT3 vs other track focused cars for me (along with being rear engined of course).

I don't care about absolute speed or fastest track times, I care about the experience, and I just prefer N/A engines.

I appreciate what you say but many people said the same about the Carrera models before they went turbocharged. The  991.2 GTS for example is super fast now, effortless with plenty of torque and no perceptible lag. Best of all worlds. There is an issue for some with the sound  but forced induction comes with many redeeming features.

Besides I believe that for Porsche to stay ahead in GT racing and not rely on BoP alterations, they should use turbo engines like everybody else. In that case the GT homologation cars will be turbocharged as a consequence.

--

"Porsche....and Nothing else matters"