the-missile:
Gnil:

During the 996 and 997 era, demand for the GT3 / GT3 RS was not more then what they were producing , around 2000 cars . They even had sometimes difficulties to sell them all . That's why the numbers were low .

GT3RS 4.0L and GT2RS were sold at huge discount here...collecting dust! this is so true.

I was looking at one stage at a second hand 997 4.0 RS , with about 10k km for 180k . I did not go for it at the time Smiley

PDK is a huge factor to attract way more people as roughly 50% of the world doesn't know how to drive a manual. Value came later on with inflated economy and ow interest rate return from central banks.

Probably the start of it 

more than 50% of delivered 2RS are on flip here...and we still have 2 to 3 years old GT3RS with delivery miles collecting dust at third party reseller garages...

Smiley

Here also some delivery miles GT3 RS collecting dust and still asking over list price for them. I wonder how people think  sometimesSmiley

This actually fucks up the market pretty badly ...... loads of collateral damage Smiley

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm -- 991.2 GT3 RS