Quote:
Straight line performance from 0-300 kph isn't as good as on the SLR or Ferrari Enzo? Well, when did you guys in the US drive 300 kph lately? And even in Germany, I drive with my Cayenne daily and since I own it, I didn't encounter one car to be faster. So how big would be the chance to meet a SLR or Ferrari Enzo on the Autobahn?

well, these cars are all about emotion and the specs are feeding those emotions. even if you don't drive 300 km/h. and i personally drive around 300 km/h a lot with my GT3 and would ask myself why i can't experience the ultimate acceleration up to 300 km/h with porsche's top-of-the-line-model. HP is nearly the same as SLR's, weight is less and aerodynamics should be better. i'm not talking about the enzo here, this thing is out of this world and priced nearly twice as much.

Quote:
Maybe Porsche should sell a driving training with each CGT. But maybe owners should just understand the concept of this car which actually is a race car adapted for street driving.

but then -- why doesn't porsche market it like a race car? why does it this silly targa roof? from it looks and appeal this car shouts "i'm a boulevard driver as well" IMO. and if you just read general press and don't hang around in rennteam all day, you've got the impression that the CGT is a capable daily driver.

and i remember that some CGT developer was stated in a magazine (i don't remeber who it was though) telling that they thought about sequential gear shift or double clutch systems but couldn't get a system finished in time.

Quote:
And finally: I think Porsche should have built a 959 successor, including a comfort and a club sport version.
Add a sequential shifting, a 700 HP engine and the current CGT weight and the car would have been perfect for most drivers

agreed!!