nberry:
CGX car nut:
SciFrog:

Because he thinks that having a MT in a performance modern car is as silly as having a manual window opener, no ABS or no AC, like I do? Leave that to vintage cars, I love driving my manual 612 but it’s better left to old cars...

Why are you answering for him?  I don't think he is incapacitated and unable to respond.  This is not a zero sum game and one individual having a MT in a modern car does not diminish the driving satisfaction of anyone else.  

Did you read the article? A couple of comments. "The Touring set up is better than life itself" "The touring is a purest car." So the majority of Porsche owners with PDK are not purest. WTF??? The guy is an idiot on steroids.

Also, I embrace what Scifrog wrote. Couldn't have written it any better.

Nick, you seem to have a chip on your shoulder. It is a matter of opinion and he has a right to his without being insulted for it. I don't get the vehemence, PDK has its advantages (I chose PDK for my daily) and manual has its advantages, whether some of you are able to appreciate them or not, otherwise manual 911's wouldn't sell and Porsche would not put them on "purist" models like 991R or GT3 Touring.

If I had to buy a 911 for the weekends (not for track), it would be a "manual" Touring hands down, over any other 911 in the line-up, it has in my opinion the perfect combination of chasis, transmission, engine and body without a big rear wing. The Touring restored some of my faith back on Porsche to make such a pure driver's street-car in this day and age of playstation cars. I'm I a idiot on steroids too? Smiley

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS