Itsme:
the-missile:
CGX car nut:
Itsme:
CGX car nut:

Installed capacity of wind and solar isn’t always an accurate measure because these generation types are supply driven not demand driven.  Storage then becomes an important issue and as you have stated brown coal facilities remain important in meeting grid stability and consumer demand.

If I am correct, they can't meet consumer demand, France is selling electricity to Germany Smiley

I was talking about the number of energy produced and not about the theoretical number which can be produced. Yes, coal is still important, but the proportion of consumption is sinking every year.

As far as I know Germany produces more energy than it consumes. Germany exports more energy than it imports. France, Sweden and Danmark export more to Germany than they import. Reasons for importing energy are various: missing infrastructure to transport “green” energy from the north to the south, imported energy is sometimes cheaper (water energy in spring because of the melting snow, sounds funny but true) and many more.

All sides (coal/nuclear/green) have a lot of arguments why their view is correct

Demand isn’t constant throughout the day and year.  That is the problem.  Germany’s current generating scheme is not aligned with consumer/industrial demand.   Also don’t compare theoritical generation capacity with actual, needed capacity throughout the day.