Quote:
RC said:
My offer to the Porsche tech to testdrive our ML55 AMG has been declined with one weird argument: AMG is a TUNER, not a car manufacturer and I can't compare AMG to Porsche.

Porsche really does have its head in the sand.

If AMG is a tuner what do Porsche's X50, PCCB, Sport Chrono and suspension options classify them as? Maybe you need to find them an ML500 for them to use for their simple little minds to compare with. The ML500 can't be that far off the mark with the ML55 when we're talking about the hesitation issue. I know for a fact that even the 1999 ML430s didn't have the hesitation problem of the Cayenne.

Brabus, Stillen, Lorinser, HPS, RENNtech and Kleemann are Mercedes tuners. Mercedes/AMG tuners at that. There's a reason I didn't go with them. Heck, Kleemann (USA) is a short drive away. I've driven their ML55k and it has incredible power (562Hp/718Nm). For that matter RENNtech had me seriously thinking about their suspension updates. But they're not a manufacturer. I've had tuned (engine and suspension) vehicles in the past and I don't really want to go there again.

Wait a minute. I know Porsche has the ML55 in its booklet that it gives to the sales folks. I don't remember them noting that AMG was a tuner in there.

I can deal with a someone making a mistake. I can work with someone who's trying to fix a mistake and not even owning up the fact that one was made. What I can't deal with is the arrogance that seems to be coming out of Porsche when we're dealing with a safety issue.

You had me interested in the 997 RC. I was beginning to figure that I avoid driving my Cayenne around town enough that I could wait for Porsche's fix to the Cayenne. Then I could move the Cayenne over to my wife in year or so, and go for a 997 (w/ Sport Chrono of course). Now I just don't know.