sfo:

Evoque is a much simpler car and has been in production longer .. should be fine, I hope

Smiley Smiley

I really read a lot about the Evoque and the Ingenium 2.0 turbo petrol engine with 240 hp. So far, the tech seems to be reliable, with a few exceptions. Some electronics issues but mainly due to weak/faulty battery. Car is a 2019 model, the Evoque has been built the same for over six years now. The 9-speed auto also had some software issues in the beginning but now, it seems to work just fine (I test-drove it, no issues).

180 hp Diesel was a huge disappointment though, very very lethargic when you fully accelerated. It feels powerful in the city with half throttle but once you push it hard, the speed barely increases, I was so surprised how long it took to get from 30 to 70 kph (I passed a tractor) and even worse how long it took to get to 100. Smiley Safely passing other cars is basically impossible, very dangerous. 

The 240 hp petrol engine isn't much much better but it offers better throttle response and a decent acceleration in all important speed ranges. 240 hp sounds a lot but the Evoque weights 1.8 tons, so... Smiley

We were also looking at the Velar, only 100 EUR more lease rate but the car is too big for us and my daughter. Parking in the city would be (almost) impossible, the Velar seems to be very long.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mini JCW (2015)