AP911:

So RC you blame the VW group for not handling the current situation regarding emissions, etc but still believe they will be the Tesla killer!!! yes what makes you think they will be any different? 

They put now billions and a lot of tech into new tech (EVs, hybrids, etc.), meaning that they are trying to let the "old" behind and start something new. Unfortunately, this could backfire as well since I'm not sure that Europe (and maybe other parts of the world) is ready for this. In Germany, the interest in EVs and hybrids is extremely limited. 

When I went to a local Range Rover dealer to enquire for an Evoque, they had a new Ranger Rover hybrid model (didn't even know there is one) on display. The sales guy told me that since the car arrived, they had ZERO inquiries for it. Go figure...

Saw an Audi Q8 lately, beautiful car, much better choice than a Cayenne in my opinion, especially once they have the more powerful V8 engine(s) ready.

Again I hope you are right about it. 

Not sure if I want to be right... I still think that this whole EV hype is exaggerated and overrated as long as we don't have 100% energy from renewable sources and as long as we don't know what to do with those batteries in the future. Another problem is the charging infrastructure and of course electricity cost in many countries. Many governments want EVs but they haven't really done something about it, especially to promote EVs and the tech. 

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mini JCW (2015)