the-missile:

I am not worried about my car being impounded or my driver's license being confiscated, not possible but this is a different story. Smiley I have to pay though if they catch me. Biggest problem since some fines can be harsh (never happened though).

In France, 49km/h is the last possible chance before you lose immediately your driving license and the car and few hours at the police station 😁

Can't loose it in any EU country, just in Germany. Smiley I have to pay the fines though.

I already spent two hours at a french police station, half of the police officers were talking in Arabic, the other half in some African language, no kidding. My wife is fluent in French but the police officers were really idiots. Worse experience ever, didn't even offer the kids a glass of water (but they ordered a pizza for a couple of officers... Smiley). Police station next to Disneyland Paris, they tried to steal our Cayenne Turbo Powerkit on the parking lot but surprise, surprise, the alarm didn't stop after 30 seconds but kept on sounding (with an extra horn) because I had the alarm system modified. In the end, they destroyed the door lock but left without the car. Smiley

We once lost a car key between the seats in a parking lot in the US, three(!) police officers came and helped search the key and they found it after half an hour. US police is super family friendly, something French police seems to have to learn.

I asked the police officers if I can leave the car over night at the police station (huge area with a fence) but they said this isn't possible. It was already around 8 pm and couldn't drive the car to Porsche Paris, so I packed our luggage and we left for home, two days earlier than planned. It was too risky to leave the open Cayenne on the hotel parking lot. I was so p.ssed at the French at that time that I triggered three fixed radar traps on my way home to Germany. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mini JCW (2015)