pmarkow:
RC:
pmarkow:

someone was caught yesterday on an austrian highway driving at 280km/h (speed limit 140km/h) in a GT3. he was stopped by a coordinated action of police cars and then stated that at times he was going at 338km/h before they caught him!!!! and then: he had no driver's license....

Smiley Smiley In Austria, I usually keep my throttle foot very calm...too risky. Italy is a different story. Smiley

be careful in italy! if they catch you with over 200km/h they can impound your car, sell in an auction and the funds go to the state!!!!!!

As far as I know, they can only impound your car if you are drunk beyond a certain (high) blood alcohol level.

Not worried so much about Italy...in Austria the police can "guess" your speed...

I am not worried about my car being impounded or my driver's license being confiscated, not possible but this is a different story. Smiley I have to pay though if they catch me. Biggest problem since some fines can be harsh (never happened though).

Got once a fine from Austria but I should be happy. Why? I fully accelerated (Jeep GC SRT) and next to me was a Porsche 911 with Swedish license plates I hadn't noticed yet. In front of me, I saw the radar trap (fixed one) and I braked  hard. Unfortunately I was still too fast, 110 or so instead of 100. When I passed the radar trap, that Swedish Porsche 911 passed me at a speed of at least 50-60 km higher. Smiley Not sure if Sweden and Austria have a reciprocal accord regarding speed fines but Germany and Austria unfortunately have. I received a fine of 65 EUR or so as far as  I remember... Of course I paid it because the Austrians can enforce these speed fines in Germany.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mini JCW (2015)