lukestern:
Whoopsy:

Also, look at how easily launch control mode can be accessed.

How may steps to get into that in a Tesla? Ferrari? Lamborghini, etc?

Compared to Porsche: Nail the brakes, floor the throttle, lift the brakes and hang on.

Tesla - Zero steps. Just floor it. You always have the car in "Ludicrous" mode. The instant torque in the Teslas is far beyond what I've experienced in any other car. The i-Pace for comparison have immense lag. And I'm not talking about pure performance. More sort of accessibility.

Porsche launch control is complicated in comparison. And yes, I know, because I've owned several Porsches with PDK and LC.

And for the record. I've been driving a P100DL extensively. You can do A LOT of launches without seeing the slightest decrease in power. Reading your post above just show how little real world experience you have with Tesla.

Sorry. but the car doesn't shipped in Ludicrous mode by default. One has to go into the menu to choose it. Smiley

You Tesla bias is showing btw. Smiley

Try getting a brand new Porsche and a brand new Tesla off the show room, then ask 2 random person to get into the car and then give them instructions on how then ask them to do launches. The person in the Porsche probably would have done 10 I a row before the Tesla do 1.

Actually on second thought, a 911 Turbo S doesn't quite need launch control, just stomp the gas from rest and it's quicker than 99% of the competition already. That lunch control mode is only for wiping the smirk of off the faces of Tesla fanboys.

And what do you mean by "A LOT"? In one session consecutively? And how many in a row is 'A LOT'? Or was the 'A LOT' means doing it once in the morning and once in the afternoon with lots of time for cooling and charging in between?

--