Quote:
Rossi said:
Quote:
nberry said:
I just received an extensive survey from Ferrari. They asked for my comments and this is what I wrote

" I understand the need for profit, but the introduction of the California GT alarms me. It appears that Ferrari is headed in the direction of Porsche. If that is the case, I might as well go back to Porsche since it is almost as good for a lot less money.

Funny, I answered nearly exactly the same, also stating with the California and the numbers they want to build.

Unfortunately I fear they won't listen.

Remember, Ferrari execs ( same for Porsche, you name it ) are not the end buyer or long time collector . They just do what is best for 1) advancing their own careers and 2) doing what gives them nice incentivised year end bonuses . Selling more cars , making more money for the company is a good thing from their standpoint , so "legacy " and " resale " do fall on deaf ears because they hope to be working at a higher executive level for a BMW or Renault or even a different industry entirely at a much higher salary in a couple years