My visit to F car dealer today- priceless!!!
I was in Salt Lake city today on business and for the first time I had the pleasure of visiting Steve Harris Ferrari. I have been on "the list" for over two years and this is the first time I have visited the dealership. Sean and his dad Steve are both great guys. I was able to see my name on "the list" and his dealership does tranfer to the 430 spider. I'm still a ways out, but I think it will be worth the wait. I took my wife and favorite neice, Kristy with me. I told Kristy about the long wait and if I wanted a new 360 spider, I would have to pay $25,000 over MSRP. She said "uncle Al, why don't you just do that?" My answer to Kris was that since I live five hours away from the F car dealer, I really haven't looked at a 360 spider in a long time. I am real happy with my 355 spider and I would just wait for the MSRP car. Kris stated that 20K is only 10% of the price of the car. It's not a big deal. She made me think a little. While at the dealership I saw a new 360 spider red (my color) with Sabia interior, daytona seats w/black inserts and black piping and WOW!!! I am in love. That Sabia leather is beautiful. While there I saw a re ENZO and I got to sit in it. I can't explain what that was like. The great thing about this ENZO was that it had 16,000 miles on it!!! An ENZO daily driver!!! PRICELESS!!! There was also a F40 there but the ENZO was my thrill. I don't drive the spider in the winter, but come this spring I may look for a used 360 spider.
As a side note, I asked Sean what the value of my 1996 355 spider red/tan with 23,000 miles was with all services done etc. He said that it was worth $80,000 and I agree with him. I think that is market for that car. Sean mentioned that they are building spiders until spring 2005. I can't wait for the 430. It has been a great day. If you get to Salt Lake City, stop in and visit Harris imports and it will be a great experience.
Edit/Delete Message