I still don't know what the answer to this issue is but I'm convinced more than ever that Porsche can fix it if they want to.

I drove new v8 and v10 TDI Touaregs recently. Both of their throttles seemed to be more deterministic in their responses then my Cayenne in similar situations. This could be from my limited evaluation since I can never predict or force the hesitation in my CT 100% of the time. It is the unpredictability that makes it so unsafe to me.

Neither Touareg seemed to upshift any where near as soon as my CT does normally around town. Again, I didn't have them for weeks so this is not a sure thing.

The sport setting on the Touareg transmission is a sure thing. It is a joy to experience in town. It seemed to have either Touareg upshifting and downshifting much more aggressively then even spirited (not hammered all-out) driving in my CT. Sport mode also locks out sixth gear. Both of the Touregs also started out in 1st gear at a stop (which my Cayenne won't do automatically even with PSM off). All of these observations were made without disabling ESP on either Touareg. All of this makes me wonder why the sports car side of the Cayenne/Toureg twins can't and didn't offer a sport transmission mode along with the sportier handling they gave us.

What was also telling is that the v8 Touareg seemed to be more 'clunky' in its downshifts. (Writing this makes me really wished I had checked build dates.) The v8 'clunky' downshifts (and this _could_ have been limited between certain gears) were par with Tipping down my Cayenne from 2nd to 1st at a stop. Downshifts in the TDI were _very_ smooth and I don't remember and 'chunking'.