Unlike you Europeans, we Americans have no opportunity to try PDK ahead of ordering for delivery this fall.

I don't track my car but I drive it year round: daily highway commute, around town, down to Washington, into Manhattan, etc., about 13K miles a year.

My current C2S lease ends in October, after a forced one year extension waiting for the FL, and I have had a first US shipment C2S on order for October delivery since pricing was released.

Although I've driven my 997 C2S in all weather conditions including a few snow storms over the past four years, it did get a bit hairy on occasion and I thought a C4S would be a bit safer. My dealer agreed, but told me that his first C4S shipment was Dec/Jan, hence my C2S order, since I can't extend my current lease further.

I had ordered PDK based on the early reviews (putting the puddle issue aside), but driving my manual C2S just puts a smile on my face, and after reading every subsequent review (including even translating the German ones into nearly incomprehensible English via Google!) and spending way too much time on this forum reading every available opinion and experience, and getting a sense that some more recent reviews less under Porsche 'management' have been more neutral on the subject, I called my dealer this morning to find out if I could possibly change my order to manual.

'Impossible', he said after talking to his rep (and I had been warned the gearbox would be locked in within 2-3 weeks of placing my order, though any other option could be changed). He also told me factory completion would not be until Oct 28.

So I said: 'maybe I should just wait for the C4S' and he said: 'you won't believe it but I was just allocated my first manual C4S yesterday with a factory completion of Oct 14.'

So my C2S PDK is now a C4S Manual, and not much difference in price either. Do you think I make the right choice?