blueflame:

Short report of my first T-trackday at the Hockenheimring on Sunday.

After a early 05:30 start we drove on an empty Autobahn to the ring and reached for the first time top speed.From 280 – 300 Km/h you really need a big empty part of the Autobahn…

The trackday was organised by the „Pistenclub“  - you have to pay 475 EUR for one day with „open pitlane“ – this time just for streetcars, which is much more relaxing.The track never was crowded and you can search for your line and your best times without the pressure of racecars in the neck.

The T is very stable on the race track and very easy to drive fast. We drove the GP-Layout of Hockenheim and the T reached the same laptimes as my old 981 Spyder, but I could drive more laps, because the PCCB brakes showed no fade at all – perfect!!!

The 981 Spyder was a little bit more nervous around the fast righthander before the Mercedes Grandstands – the T is rock solid at this part.

I followed my friend in his 991.2 GT3 and I lost almost 2 seconds per lap – no surprise.

After the lunch break , T (driver, no passenger) with ¼  gastank and the stick GT3 (driver+100Kg passenger) with full tank, the situation changed and I could stay at his rear for some laps - but I had to work harder than my friend in his GT3 ;-)  But it was closer - weight means so much on track!!!

You can have fun with the T on the track and pass almost everything from the other german manufactures, but the home of this car ist the backroad or the alpine pass – so also no surprise here.

In the afternoon, we switched cars – and boy…I love the .2 GT3, the engine with 9.000rpms, sound, no understeer, the grip of the cup tires, the aero downforce, the rock hard brake pedal…what a car.

So you get what you pay for – my T is about 125K€ and my friends GT3 ist about 175K€ - I am not disappointed.

I will enjoy the T for more 1.5 years and then a used GT3 will follow to celebrate my 50th birthday.

Blueflame

Thanks Smiley  The T is a very tempting car . It would probably be my DD if I decided to sell my 997 S 

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm -- 991.2 GT3 RS on it's way