Folks,

I've started tracking my 07' 997TT and am enjoying the learning curve. However I am finding that tire pressure is a more important consideration than with my previous track cars. Some experienced instructors (and I asked 4) informed me that I should keep my PSI (hot tire pressure) at about 42 for the rears and 40 for the fronts to add grip to the rear end. This seems to reduce rear end shifting but it also gives me a low or flat tire warning. I do a few laps and the tires heat up to about 45 but the computer reads about 5 PSI lower and gives me this warning. I'm running the stock Michelin Sport tires.

So, can someone help me with this?
(1) Is there a problem with the computer reading about 5 PSI (or more ) lower and if so can the dealer correct this? They seemed disinterested in this when I brought to their attention and couldn't agree up whether the computer or manual tire gauge (I have some good ones) was the "correct reading."
(2) What tire pressure are you folks using on the track and are you going by tire pressure gauge or computer?

Thanks, I sure could use some help with this.
C.