nberry:
Whoopsy:
nberry:

I have been given an expected delivery date of November 28th over two months later than I was promised. I honestly wouldn’t have cared had they just told me that from the outset. But to keep changing dates is unacceptable. Another customer from the same dealership was told his WP Gt3 RS wouldn’t arrive until December. He had leather options similar to my car. Yet he was just informed that his car will arrive in San Diego August 19th. My car remains at he factory. 

Do Europeans just accept this as normal and bend over a grab their ankles saying the car will come eventually?

Nick, Porsche's tracking system is notoriously bad. Status updates are painfully slow or non-existent. 

If one doesn't get humans involved, all will just read what's on the screen. 

I had that first hand a few years ago with my 918, basically there was zero updates in the system. it's pretty much a daily phone call or email direct with Germany. All the while the entry in the system stays the same.

But I mean, Porsche have 2 systems, one for the dealer network to track cars, that's the horrible one, another for factory internal usage that has the real time updates. But for some reason the internal system is not updating the dealer network system. 

Also remember last year they had 'lost' my 911R on it's way back from Europe? The system show it was 'in transit' only, never got updated until the car shows up one day at the dealership, the computer screen still shows 'in transit' with no location given. 

This time with my Turbo S Exclusive, I asked for human intervention, so now I know the car will be loaded onto a boat July 31st and the expected Port of Entry time is Aug 12th. Then however long those bozos at Customs will take and another 10 days for transport from the East Coast to my dealership. 

Nick, I have always been aware the Porsche systems are wanting for accuracy. The point I was trying to make which one poster cannot grasp is its one thing for a car to be delayed from the original promised date (which I have experienced) and another when Porsche moves your build and delivery date up and then proceeds two weeks later to delay it further than the original delivery date. To my knowledge my car is the only US car that has been delayed like this.

So should I put my head in a hole and hope for the best or should I demand an explanation to share with fellow posters. I opted for the latter and as they say, "no good deed goes unpunished".Smiley

It happened like this. 

You have a scheduled build date. 

Factory have openings early, cause some cars are missing parts or whatever reason that got pulled from their slots. They moved yours up.

Suppliers delivered sub par parts, or wrongly built ones. They had to go back and redo them, hence the extra delay. 

Porsche relies a lot on their suppliers to do JIT production line. IF there are any hiccups it mess things up greatly. Most parts are made by outside suppliers, some are made in-house upstairs and downstairs as you know.

--