Quote:
reginos said:
Quote:
STRADALE said:
[Huh? I own a car w/ paddles (F1 F430), also own a 6-speed stick so my opinion is not based on "internet forums" or
"pre-conceived ideas". That's a lot of mud slinging and accusations, how bout you besides test driving a PDK, do you have some sort of vast car collection where you have gained all this first hand ownership experiences?

I never said anything about anyone elses likes or dislikes of buttons on the steering wheel, never said anything about them being "ignorant idi0ts". My remarks were directed at the type of system, not the people who would select it. IMO button type shifters on the steering wheel suck compared to stationary paddles on the column & I'm disappointed in the direction Porsche took that's all. I guess my opinion seems to be shared by some here & it doesnt surprise me that the comments on PDK from recent tests so far have been far from favorable. But if you feel compelled to promote it, be my guest, I'll never accuse you or your opinion of being "dangerous", after all it's just people talking about their opinions on an auto-forum not some vast conspiracy against an auto maker were talking about here. Porsche will survive no matter what I say so Chill bra..

No, I don't have a vast collection of vehicles and perhaps it is one of the reasons I don't get confused between systems.

Anyway,I've tried the PDK and I enjoyed immensely in all 3 modes. each mode has its purpose very logical very Porsche.

I didn't have a problem selecting gears using the buttons and additionally flicking the stick instead of selecting via the buttons is a very handy alternative in certain driving situations.
Moreover, I haven't read any negative comments on the PDK in the auto press (European and US), just some moaning about the buttons, which amounts to a different thing from what you wrote above.

I can appreciate that some people might prefer another system for their own reasons, valid or not. However, of all the posters here who object to PDK I doubt if more than 1 or 2 and maybe none have tried the system. This is where my objection comes that people shouldn't be led to form opinions by a minority of influencers whose credentials we don't know. Unfortunately this attitude extends beyond cars and to more serious matters in life in general.

We differ on this matter but as long as we enjoy ourselves with our respective preferences that's what matters.

You could be right, perhaps that's the reason. Can I ask have you ever owned a Ferrari or other car w/ an F1 type shifter? Because that is my basis for comparison vs. shifting buttons on the steering wheel. Do you own or have you owned a Porsche? I'm just asking because when it comes to understanding someones opinions I think it helps to understand what their real life experiences are like & because you brought it up regarding what people read on the internet & "pre-conceived ideas".

Yeah I know PDK is not tip but I'm not referring to the actual tranny just thumb button shifting which is very much the same for both PDK & Tip. I can understand peoples opinions here about being upset Porsche mounted thumb shifter buttons again because they're upset w/ the feeling of shifting w/ your thumbs on a moving steering wheel which is essentially the same thing as a Tip only worse probably because you actually have to push w/ your thumb while accelerating & pull w/ your fingers while decelerating; the very OPPOSITE to what your body naturally wants to do in those circumstances.

There's been a few articles already that have been less than favorable on PDK, I was reading one this past weekend where the writer said he'd still select a stick over PDK.

That's all I was saying - There isnt a right or wrong, just personal preference but like I said I know A LOT of people that disliked the way shift buttons on the steering wheel performed, wishing Porsche would go the paddle route but so far havent really heard F1 style owners wishing that they could have thumb shifter buttons on the steering wheel. That's why I was asking above re: your experiences w/ F1 paddles just curious if you've been an owner of that type.