reginos said:
Quote:
STRADALE said:
Quote:
reginos said:
Quote:
BC911 said:
maybe i should take that off rather ...

But its how I feel sometimes when I'm reading RennTeam...Caused either by my dear friend Nick or by my former fav car manufacturer...

Yes, it is amusing how fickle people are and get carried away by the opinions of others instead of formulating their own.

If you think about it, this is how politicians manage to fool the public and survive in power.

That's pretty patronizing. Why dont think P_Nut, BC911 or I can have our own opinions? RE: politics, there's a certain word; "fascism". Try to be a little less sensative re: your stance vs others here, it's not good to have issues when everyone doesnt agree w/ you. I have to catch myself sometimes doing the same thing. I've learnt it's never going to happen, where everyone has the same opinion, that's what makes this place so interesting. Just saying try to live & let live a bit more, you may even learn something. peace.

Everybody is entitled to their opinion for sure and I don't deny that!
But most of you have formed an opinion based on a very small number of influencers either on internet forums or in the press and this I find a dangerous attitude. In the case of cars IMO this attitude is on non-significance. But unfortunately it spreads to political and social issues and people are led like sheep.

What I think is correct is for somebody to try a new thing with open mind and if this person genuinely doesn't like it to reject it saying that it doesn't suit my own personal tastes or needs. Not to say it is rubbish or that they screwed up and generally use strong language against it.

Remember, that inevitably there will be some 20,000 new buyers each year that will be enjoying this PDK system a lot. Does it mean that they are ignorant idi0ts who haven't seen things your way?

I find that the whole argumentation on the "paddle/button issue is based on prejudice and pre-conceived ideas and even (lol) pseudomacho notions (real men and racers use paddles, girls use buttons) and this is the attitude I am criticizing and I find conceptually wrong
Happy paddling

Huh? I own a car w/ paddles (F1 F430), also own a 6-speed stick so my opinion is not based on "internet forums" or
"pre-conceived ideas". That's a lot of mud slinging and accusations, how bout you besides test driving a PDK, do you have some sort of vast car collection where you have gained all this first hand ownership experiences?

I never said anything about anyone elses likes or dislikes of buttons on the steering wheel, never said anything about them being "ignorant idi0ts". My remarks were directed at the type of system, not the people who would select it. IMO button type shifters on the steering wheel suck compared to stationary paddles on the column & I'm disappointed in the direction Porsche took that's all. I guess my opinion seems to be shared by some here & it doesnt surprise me that the comments on PDK from recent tests so far have been far from favorable. But if you feel compelled to promote it, be my guest, I'll never accuse you or your opinion of being "dangerous", after all it's just people talking about their opinions on an auto-forum not some vast conspiracy against an auto maker were talking about here. Porsche will survive no matter what I say so Chill bra..