Quote:
boytronic said:
Quote:
Shakal said:
Quote:
boytronic said:
Quote:
Lars997 said:
I dont like that steel roof trend. For me a roadster needs to have a textile head. Looks much more sporty and light.

Yep - V8 Z4 will have same problem as V8 M3 Cab if it has a metal roof... More weight = Little performance improvement over last generation.

PLUS with that big V8 lump "deprecation" will be HUGE - as if it wasn't already on the Z4M (at least here in the UK).

BMW never learn from the past... <YAWN> It would be nice to se something interesting from them someday.

BMW will use lighter materials for new Z4, for example full aluminium front end, magnesium crankcases and engine blocks and aluminium body panels. Folding hardtop offers a lighter steel than used in the E93 3 Cabrio.

And with steel roof on Z4 they leave more space for new Z2, which will have fabric roof.

BMW said they used lighter materials for the E92 M3... It's still a lot heavier than the E46 though!

Its hard to compare new and old M3 , because new M3 is bigger, got bigger engine (4200 ccm V8 is heavier than 3400 ccm R6)... E46 M3 and E92 335i is better comparison... But important is that new M3 is faster and better to drive than old one, despite higher weight.

I think the only engine which will be same in old and new Z4 is 2500 ccm R6 218 hp and I bet that new Z4 with this engine will have similar weight to current Z4, despite steel roof. And since Ferrari used steel roof for their car, I think BMW can use it too, since new Z4 defenetly isn't sportier than new Ferrari California

I would rather got fabric roof on new Z4, but only steel roof will be offered. That also means there won't be coupe version of new Z4

Thats really dissapointing that there wont be a coupe version. In my opinion that should be at least an option for the next Z4M. I dont want the extra weight, lack of boot space and compromised handling.

I hope there will be a coupe version.

Im assuming it will have MDCT as well?