Grant:
nberry:

As an aside, there is a poster on RL who owns all three of the .2 GT3’s taking delivery just recently of the RS. He is a straight shooter and his impression of the RS isn’t much better than the .2 GT3. He’s not sure that the difference of $40,000 is worth it. Though I still want the RS, my enthusiasm for the has waned considerably with all the changes on my build and delivery dates.

I read that review as well.  I think it is unrealistic to expect the RS to feel much different from the GT3 in a straight line.  It has only 2% more peak torque and 4% more peak power (hard to feel that) simultaneously with more aero drag (wider body and wheels with bigger wing).  That's why the GT3 (non-RS) is 5mph faster top speed.  The RS shows its real advantage at the track (better handling with downforce and wider track with more rubber, and double the spring stiffness).

If you'll recall, in the 991.1  generation, the RS wasn't noticeably faster in a straight line either even though there the RS had a bigger engine (4.0 vs. 3.8) and a bigger HP & TQ advantage.

In that thread, you mentioned an interest in tracking the RS.  If so, I think you'll find it sublime on the track.  Otherwise, it's all down to the difference in appearance/collectibility (and the GT3 having a more forgiving ride on the street).

--

18 GT3 Manual, 73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 16 Cayman GT4, 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550, 79 635CSi

Latest tests of 991.2 GT3 RS(AB Sports car) shown that normal 991.2 GT3 is actually after 200km/h. Bigger Aero drag and wider tires are working as an advantage only on the track. Also, special Cup 2 R compound is only available in 991.2 GT3 RS tire size. 

So, objectively is 991.2 GT3 RS worth extra money over 991.2 GT3? No. 

Subjectively, as mainly track weekends sports car? Yes.