Tesla started the EV "revolution", what did he (Musk) expect? Did he (or any analyst) think that the big car companies will just sit back and watch him do his thing? The VW emissions scandal actually is probably the main reason Tesla will be gone in a couple of years...because VW Group was basically "forced" into the EV business by public pressure, government regulations, circumstances and their own inability to deal with the emissions scandal in a proper manner.

Funny enough, it could also mean that VW is too early in the game and will take some huge losses with the EV business before it can actually start off... I said it before, it is too early and I just don't see that huge of a market for these cars right now. In 20 years? Maybe. Combustion engines aren't finished yet but if car manufacturers think they are and do everything to make them go away, EVs may actually be successful sooner than expected but I still have my doubts.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mini JCW (2015)