Quote:
Leawood911 said:
Quote:
Heist said:
Quote:
easy_rider911 said:
Is Hamilton mentally deranged? He is quoted as saying, "You can keep on giving me penalties, whatever you want. I'll keep battling and trying to come back with a result."

Does he think that race officials and stewards are simply out to get him? He is in denial. Unable to see his mistakes. The fact is that he will get penalised if he breaks the rules. Simple as that. He needs to see the causal connection between him breaking rules and getting punished. Until that happens, he won't get anywhere. Perhaps he doesn't think the rules apply to him?

He is making more and more mistakes as the pressure on him increases. I can remember Alonso making almost zero mistakes no matter how much pressure Schumi put on him as the season reached its climax. Great drivers don't make such mistakes. Hamilton made a dream start last year. He is himself throwing all that away by carelessness.

Dude, relax. Hamilton's got a grand total of 3 MAJOR errors in his driving career thus far. Not too shabby for a ROOKIE! I think you forget for all his talent, he's only in his second year.

What you have is a young man saying in other words is, " I make mistakes but penalities be damned, I'm going to give it my all to win no matter how many spots back I am."
I want that sort of mentality on my team.

The in-race penalty he received was completely unjust in my opinion. As I said earlier, he had inside position and his nose was ahead. He could have steered the other car off the track if he wanted but shortcutted the turn for the sake of both cars otherwise it would have been a wreck (something after the last race I'm sure weighed in the back of his mind).

No position or time was made up because of it and he did it clearly to avoid an accident. Thus the penalty was unjust in my opinion.

Let me think about this - gee, a chicane is coming up, I hate to slow down for them so I think I will just come along side, not brake in time so that I am ahead and then I will just take the shortcut to not cause a wreck. Makes every chicane an excellent passing opportunity! Maybe it is not too late for me to be an F1 champ!

Nah, I bet a penalty was the correct answer. You must make the pass and stay on the track and control your car.

Leawood -
He did remain in control of the car, he just chose not to slam the door on Vettel..

His quote below which I just found:

"My drive-through penalty was an extremely close call," said Hamilton. "I felt I'd got past fairly and was ahead going into the corner. But I was on the outside and couldn't turn-in, in case we both crashed"

If F1 Marshalls felt the cross cut had given Lewis an advantage, they could have radioed his team to let Vettel pass back in front instead of a drive thru penalty.

I mean the Marshalls already know the driver is already 10 spots in the hole. Why make things even less competitive when a simple radio call will do?