Quote:
MMD said:
FWIW, we're all different. When I take the P car out I like to drive near perfection. It's like a mathematical equation. I consider clutch slip, due to over or under revving or missed shifts, or the slightest jerk a _lapse_ in attention. A missed shot, an imperfect score. In situation like that, when you're tired or bored, your "driver involvement" might as well zero.

Just my opinion. Very unaesthetic feeling when car and driver can't interact seamlessly. Anything less than that is no good.

That's why PDK and SMG are so fascinating for me. There's another lever of perfect attention that can be applied to what the car is doing because the mental energy is available. It was not spent on slinging and rowing.

Different attitudes I guess... .

Methinks thou dost overthinketh certain activities in life that are better left emotional than mathematical....

Driving a great sports car is not unlike sex in many ways...

Are you that obsessive and calculated in the sack?

And besides, while you're doing all that thinking and obsessive-analysis, I'm passing you with a big grin on my face....

When you're driving great, there's no time to reflect upon individual aspects... It's a flow man....

Now I sound like a hippie...