Quote:
Adam2S said: PDK should be the only option IMHO,

You need to get out more. There are MANY drivers who consider manual shifting as an integral part of the joy of driving a sportcar and the driver involvement it brings, and no matter how good the secuential is at shifting the gears for you will still prefer the manual because having fun and enjoying driving the sportcar is what is important to them.

I for one don't think that either the manual or the auto should be the only choice, I'd rather let the driver of the car decide for himself what he prefers. The other drivers I hang out with still prefer the manual but that changes form people to people and place to place depending on the age group, type of driving you do, were you drive (roads, traffic, etc). Even though for myself I enjoy a manual car more (track or street) I'm just glad that Porsche if finally bringging a decent up to date auto tranny option as opposed as the outdated torque converter Tip they have been offered till now. Since the PDK should be much imporved over the Tip for a sportcar, there should be a greater % of buyers that will now choose the PDK over the manual but there is still a large percent that will stay for the manual because its not a matter of throttle feel or shift-times of the PDK over the Tip, but rather the clutch or no clutch dilema.