Quote:
temm said:
Quote:
ADias said:
Notice that the gear lever has a conventional forward + upshift and backwards - downshift, which makes more sense to me, but contrary to what BMW and other sequentials do. We need to see a photo of the steering wheel - tip buttons, or paddles or whatever.

I have to disagree, the conventional and logical way of arranging it (at least in racing) is forward - downshift and back - upshift. BMW are the ones who got it right

So in the 911 you have to shift using buttons on the front of the steeringwheel, unlike what EVERYONE else has (paddles behind the wheel) or use the stick which has the reverse upshift - downshift

Looks like Porsche, having committed to the push=up / pull=down mode on the rocker buttons, was forced to use the exact same up/downshift sense on the stick control to avoid a completely nonsensical disconnect; this left them opposite to BMW and others.

I'm open to people trying new user interfaces, but my gut tells me that Ferrari likely got it right ten years ago with their F1 paddle layout, and by trying to be "not Ferrari", others run the risk of less usable sequential shifters.

Hmmm, maybe thats it - Porsche is trying to punish Ferrari owners who buy the 997.1 PDK.... they would immediately start flicking away from the back of the right button to upshift... which with this PDK only triggers downshifts and frustration...