I'm afraid my balls shrank a bit with age... Smiley 

I am one of those typical late braking type of guys but this only works fine if the road is clean. Had a situation once when I just slid straight shortly before a curve because there was some fine dust on the road (haven't encountered it before, probably from a construction site up the mountain) and even now, I don't know how I saved the situation, it was a mix of luck, spontaneous brake release/play and some steering magic. No fun at all, so I can relate to what happened to Nick. 

I love mountain roads but I have a lot of respect of them. A friend of mine got scared by a bus coming from the other direction after a curve on a mountain road, he almost hit the rock on the right, I think he missed the rock by a centimeter or so, no kidding (I was behind him). Wish we had this on camera...it looked pretty scary.

Nowadays, I still enjoy driving on mountain roads but my head permanently spins up dangerous situations which could occur, so I keep it much slower than in the past. 

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mini JCW (2015)