Mithras:
Whoopsy:

I went off only because I had taken an apex too early and my arc took me straight out off the road. The key to doing the hill climb is taking late apexes. Words of wisdom from Jeff Zwart. 

I've always taught that the "apex" of a turn is just the point where you can safely leave the inside of the corner and still not track out off the track at the end. When you're looking at a 1,000' drop on track-out, having a bit more margin is a pretty sound thing to do! Smiley

Congratulations on the whole thing though, looks like it was a really great experience!

The veterans called it the rookie's mistakes. Turning in too early and hugging the mountain side. Smiley

That's actually what gets drivers in trouble.

Turning in late entitled one to seeing most of the corner and where one can go because of the mountain side blocking the view. Also the benefit of longer acceleration to the next corner.

But it's really hard to drive straight towards a cliff and brake late to turn in!

The most dangerous ones are the double apex corners, I believe there are 3 of those, I never got the guts to go that fast as track out to the outside edge and come right back towards the 2nd apex. 

There is one set of corners in the lower section, triple left as they called it, that can be done in one sweep, turn in, hold the angle and foot down. I managed to do it once. Very satisfying. Mind you, there was no cliffs on the outside though Smiley Just empty 'parking space'.

--