wurlie:

Dear Lars,

if you can, at least give a G class diesel a try. The sound is compromised, indeed. However, although not too powerful, the torque is there. With transmission in sport mode, it moves nicely. I drive mine at 150km/h on the motorway, and on average it consumes about 13l/100km both there and in town.

For what it is worth, I am not a fan of the new JLR offering - I cannot stand cars with decorative non-functional plastic add-on pieces. It insults my intelligence. Although I am sure they are very nice cars to drive. What swayed me towards a G-class, was the idea that I can easily imagine teaching my children to drive in it, 15-20 years down the line. Cannot imagine that with the current offering of Land/Range Rovers.

Best, w

the plastic on the new generation of Land Rover was bringing us away from Range Rover 2 years ago. Exactly understand what you say!

I will ask my dealer if there is a chance to test drive a G Diesel. I guess it is fair enough to give it a shot. The torque of the Diesel and the petrol is almost the same.