wurlie:

True all, however there is a romantic in me... I envisage an empty field and a young teenager...

I like the lack of power as it keeps me in check. To accelerate in town it is enough.

For me, a G is about different emotions not necessarily related to speed. In general, I try to specialize and dedicate my cars - hence for example I hated and sold a current BMW M5.

Best, w

Have you tried a G63? After I test-drove one, I fell in love. Even would go for the G550 (G500) instead. Had one as a rental car in Florida and loved it. Wife hates how it looks though, she thinks the G class is for farmers... Smiley Smiley

Truth be told, I think we are not going to get another SUV after my Jeep GC SRT lease and my wife's Macan Turbo leases run out next year. Why? My wife wants my 991 GTS Cab (4 seats) and I want to replace my GT500 with a R8 V10 Plus (previous model with 550 hp). We also still have a Mini JCW (latest model) which fits four persons quite comfortably. The only time we need a SUV is a week in February and a week or two maybe in May/June and end of August for our annual Lake Garda Italy trip. I can get the latest model SUV (Q7, Cayenne, whatever) for 1k EUR a week at Sixt Germany, so no need to buy a SUV just for three weeks a year.

We are going to stick with three cars (GTS Cab for my wife, R8 for me and the Mini JCW for all of us), which saves us a lot of money as well. Maybe, at some point, I can even afford another Porsche... Smiley but the SUV time is, I think, over for us. My wife is right, we don't really need one anymore, especially since our daughter finishes school in two years as well.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)