nberry:

Van, have you driven the Panamera Tourisimmo? If so, I’ll be curious what you think of it compared to the M5. My view of the BMW car has taken a decided turn toward negative. They drive and feel cheap. 

The E63S doesn't look or feel cheap in the inside but there are more ordinary (visible) cheap looking black "plastic" parts in the interior than I bargained for, Porsche kind of does this better (different kind of black plastics, different structure, darker in shade even maybe).

It is possible to get (almost) everything covered in leather but this would make the car too expensive.

The current BMW M5 interior doesn't necessarily look cheap but too ordinary, like most BMW interiors of the past couple of years. I call it boring but to each his own. Never have been a fan of current and past BMW interiors (they looked nice when they were introduced but what the heck, for the past decade or longer, they basically look the same).

BMW also offers to cover everything in leather and other individualization options, so I guess you can get the interior quality you want...for a price.

"Driving" cheap? I doubt it. The performance is top notch.

Also keep in mind that BMW and Mercedes achieve basically the same track performance (not that it is important in any way on such a car) without AWS (all-wheel-steering). Once both get a similar system (the new AMG GT 4-door has AWS), the cards will be re-shuffled.

I think Porsche missed an opportunity here with the Panamera but on the other hand, die-hard Panamera lovers don't really care if the car weights 2 tons, 2.2 tons or 1.8 tons. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mini JCW (2015)