absent:
Whoopsy:

Now that I have like 3+ months of wait before I get my GT2RS, I picked up this crazy idea that I wanted to switch the seats from LWB to sofa.

I mean, they won't sell me the cage so the track capability is sort of pointless, and the LWB became just a decoration inside the car. A sofa seat makes much more sense for comfort, and with that the GT2RS can be used as a great grand touring car, like a Ferrari F12/812. 

To get my track thrills, I can always use the GT2 CS

Interesting thought and it gave me a pause too.

Come to think of it, of all the previous gen GT2RS I know, the ones with comfort seats have the most miles, cars with buckets are mostly garage queens.

Something for me to think about  too, honestly, never even crossed my mind before.Smiley

There is this peer pressure to order items in the car to fit the 'image' it projects out. I didn't do that with my 911R, it is suppose to be a light weight special and radio and air-con delete are suppose to be a must. Not to me, I want creature comfort in a street car. At least I kept the bucket seats. 

RS cars are suppose to be track day specials, hence the image of having roll cage and light weight stuff, like perhaps even radio and air-con delete and bucket seats. Collectors demand those inline with the perceived image.

Porsche North America neutered that image by not giving us the cage, so the biggest draw of the car is already a moot point. It is not a track day special without a cage and 6 point.

Had I lived in Europe, I would totalling keep the bucket seats with the cage. 

My GT2RS is also loaded with interior trims, leather this alcanntara that. Matching stitching also. With 700hp on tap, the added 15-20-40lbs is not going to be noticeable even if I track it. Heck, I will likely lap faster than a lot of guys in their 'lightweight build' GT2RS. 

--