noone1:
reginos:
noone1:
reginos:

All 911s are driven whereas the rest are generally static. Has anyone seen a 5 year old Ferrari with 100.000 km on the clock? I doubt it.

That's because people who own Ferraris are much wealthier and therefor have more cars and commute much less.

A lame explanation in my opinion. The reason is that these cars are not up to repeatedly hard use. The "official" reason often given by owners is the fear of heavy depreciation. But since these owners are extremely wealthy, losing 100K or 200K on the value of an automobile is neither here nor there for them.

--

"Porsche....and Nothing else matters"

Ask Futch how many miles he puts on an average Ferrari of his. Ask Crayphile how many miles he has on his exotics before he trades them in.

I mean, if you have 4 cars, how many miles do you really expect to put on any single one before you get rid of it.

I got my first car was I was about 17. I stopped using it when I got my R8 when I was 22. I made a modest commute multiple times per day to college and used it how any person would use a car. I put maybe 7K miles on the car per year. When I had the R8, I averaged about 8K miles per year (which included some 500-1000 mile road trips).

How would someone with multiple cars, and possibly multiple sports cars, put many miles on a Ferrari? People just don't drive that much and when you divided it by multiple cars, you end up with cars that only get a couple thousand miles per year.

What you say is very plausible.

OTOH I've checked the official Porsche Germany website for used 991 Turbos and the vast majority have much higher yearly average mileages compared to the other high end cars. I presume that used cars sold outside the official Porsche network would have even higher mileages. I used to live for a period of time near the Ferrari importer in the UK and I've never seen a used Ferrari with more than 10.000 miles.

This could mean a number of positive things like:

• The Turbo is a very usable all year round all purpose car,
  • Owners consider them strong and reliable and hence they are not afraid to use them
  • The car is so sufficient and pleasing that ownership of multiple cars is rendered pointless.

--

"Porsche....and Nothing else matters"