Quote:
cibergypsy said:
Quote:
fritz said:
Quote:
cibergypsy said:
The LSD I would install is not aftermarket, it is an original complete Porsche transmission with part # 997.300.020.01. I would never consider putting an aftermarket LSD on my car while it has warranty and without knowing what issues may arise from PSM or PASM, of course.

Since this tranny is not offered as original equipment for the US-market model of your car, what makes you think you would get full warranty on it if you retrofitted it?
Your car would no longer correspond to the manufacturer's approved spec for your market.

All Porsche parts are warranted for 2 years or unlimited mileage in the USA. This is an original Porsche part, sold by a Porsche dealer and installed by the same Porsche dealer (if I go in that direction) so there will be no issues as affirmed by the parts and service department from this Porsche dealer. Also, if it is in the Porsche parts catalog and is compatible with my Carrera S (I will get confirmation by Porsche on this before buying it) I cannot see why they would void a warranty if issues arise on other systems affected by it. Porsche specifically states on their replacement parts and Tequipment policies that their parts do not void the new vehicle manufacturer's warranty. I would buy this ONLY with the confirmation by Porsche Cars North America that this is indeed a part available as fully compatible with a US Carrera S and that no part of my new vehicle warranty will be voided. Otherwise, it wouldn't be worth it to me.

Remember that most Porsche owners have been able to buy these cars by making good and educated choices in life, not by being careless or stupid. Give others in this forum the benefit of the doubt before thinking that they haven't done, or are, doing their research.

I did not suggest that you were either being careless or stupid or not doing your research. I was wondering if your dealer had reliably confirmed that a valid warranty would apply in this case, because I am inclined to have my doubts about it.
Your statement that "Porsche specifically states on their replacement parts and Tequipment policies that their parts do not void the new vehicle manufacturer's warranty" would obviously apply if parts are replaced by direct equivalent replacement parts, i.e., same part number or newer generation direct equivalent parts for that model. It does not necessarily apply if parts are "mixed and matched" at the owner's whim.

You have now confirmed that your research on this point has not yet been concluded, since you still have to wait for confirmation.