Quote:
Pink Panther said:
Hi Easy,

Looking at your current spec I guess your main criteria is driver satisfaction / fun behind the wheel, even to the extent that you are prepared to look a tool in an F430 or look like a wannabe in a boxster to get the ultimate in driving pleasure. That's the way I am too.

If you change for any of the above you WILL miss your 911 and not just a little bit. IMO the only car you could replace it with in your list is the F430 which is simply amazing but you will still miss your P car. I do.

FWIW the M3 is fun but lacks the feel that 911 owners love. You would be very disappointed with a Vantage unless you want the image above all else - which I think you don't. The M3 easily beats the Vantage for driver satisfaction even ignoring price.

In many parts of London the F430 does not look out of place but on your trips around the UK you will get plonkers following you with camera phones or trying to race you in Golf TDI's.

It's worth getting the F430 just so you know what it has to offer but I predict you would go back to Porsche.

I dont live in London so my setup is F430 berlinetta, E92 M3 and boxster S arriving next week. I will probably replace the F430 with the next GT3 but other than that I am settling down to keeping what I have.

I do think a car club is a good choice for you but you should consider stright rentals as the total cost will probably be less per year and it will be more flexible.

Whatever you decide, enjoy in good health.

+1.

F430 is wicked. I work in Canary Wharf and spend afterhours driving around London - I see supercars in the least likely locations... For example yesterday an 07 SLR parked on a dodgy street in Cricklewood.

I think you should cover your P car up for 1 month, and for each of those weekends hire/borrow some other cars - e.g. F430, Gallardo, GT3 etc - then after that month is over, uncover your Porsche and take it out for a long drive, and then decide whch way you want to proceed next...

It's great you are in such a position - enjoy it!