RC:

I know, I know, this is a lease and I should give a rat's ass about this car but I am a car guy and I love cars and I would never abuse them, even if they're not "mine". Sorry. Smiley

I think it's great that you do care means you are really bonding with the car.

I found the AMG 4.0 break in instructions below, exactly as you said....

I was kind of thinking about my incoming G Wagon but TBH I can't see my Mrs EVER exceeding 4500rpm so I'll probably just tell her to leave it in comfort and get on with it.....

If you treat the engine with sufficient care from the very start, you will be rewarded with excellent performance for the remainder of the engine's life.

Observe the following notes on running-in the engine:

• you should therefore drive at varying road speeds and engine speeds for the first 1,500 km

• drive the vehicle mainly in drive program C for the first 1,500 km

• do not drive at speeds above 140 km/h for the first 1,500 km

• only briefly allow the engine to reach a maximum engine speed of 4,500 rpm

• avoid overstraining the vehicle during this period, e.g. driving at full throttle

• do not exceed  of the maximum permitted engine speed for each gear

• in manual mode M and the temporary manual drive program, shift up in good time

• do not perform a RACE START

• do not shift down a gear manually in order to brake

• try to avoid depressing the accelerator pedal beyond the pressure point (kickdown)

After 1,500 km, you can increase the engine speed gradually and accelerate the vehicle to full speed.

You should also observe these notes on running-in if the engine or parts of the drive train on your vehicle have been replaced.

--

997 GT2 2014 3.9 Mezger, 800PS @ 1.2 bar

2018 McLaren 720S 

993 Turbo, 2006 built 3.8, 577PS/797NM, 1440kg DIN sold to a worthy enthusiast.