Carlos from Spain:
nberry:

Can some explain to me why Tesla put into service a car that has poor braking capabilities because of a software glitch? Very strange or suspicious.

Apparently the future in automaking is rushing the cars to the market in poor quality control and beta stage and then try to fix some of the problems later via OTA  1325269639981rolleyes.gif  ... of course those drinking the cool-aid will tout all those software updates as a good thing that others don't get when in fact its that they don't need them in the first place Smiley

OR

you could need a new engine within weeks or getting a new car Smiley

My Porsches have spent more time than any other in the shop and they never fixed the rattle on my CTTS sunroof after 4 years and 4 visits... The ENTIRE lower console of my Macan went dead, rendering the car unusable and had to be replaced. My Macan radiator system had a leak. The exhaust had to be repaired 3 times because it wasn’t holding in place. All these from Porsche who has the highest margins in the industry and has been building cars for decades. So who is drinking the kook aid again? Smiley These model 3 are early production cars from a new models made by a new manufacturer. Only the biased people who have a vested interest in knocking down Tesla (to sell more paper like above or to protect some business interests like a few here) would not look beyond these early mistakes. S and X had the same sort of mistakes also so it’s not like this is a surprise to anyone except the ones who want it to make it a story.

Even the early model buyers know they are being beta testers and somewhere like being part of creating a revolution.