Quote:
chrisNY said:
Hey Gregg, hope you're enjoying the car. You may also want to look into Protomotive. If I were you I'd wait a bit and put some miles on your car. While some dealers are more "mod friendly" than others, PCNA is not. Have an issue where they need to get involved and you may have trouble. Better to wait and get any issues you may have ironed out.

Here's a horror story about warranty being denied on an E55 for a completely non-related problem to the mod, which the dealer most likely caused. Really makes you wonder if it's worth it. While we're all protected under the M-M act, and the burden of proof is on the manufacturer, it can take a LONG time.

http://www.mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=230979

Greg, protomotive is an option although they don't offer the ability to switch from program to program yet, it is an aggressive tune meant for race fuel but will run fine on pump gas, it also increases the redline to 7300, GIAC does not.
I just turned 24k miles yesterday of which almost 20k miles since the tune and no problems whatsoever.
with your setup adding giac or protomotive tune will increase your hp considerably, I would say at least another 50-60hp on race fuel if not more.
Eclou here has the AWE/GIAC setup and is pretty happy with it. All US tuners will be a lot cheaper than RUF but without the warranty. I would go with the closest reputable tuner to you for practical reasons.