I think not having all the electronic driver aids really exposed the different levels of driver ability in F1.

Guys like Hamilton, Alonso, Heidfeld and Rosberg proved that they really can drive faultlessly without any electronic help. I really respect these guys skill enormously. Controlling a lightweight 800hp car with no TC etc is no joke.

Kimi proved he is wild, erratic and unreliable and the only thing keeping him on the track last season (when he became champ) were all the electronic driver aids. He really has fallen in my estimation. Massa's second rate status was confirmed. He is lucky to be driving for Ferrari. Piquet's debut was poor. I was really impressed with Bourdais. He did a really great job on debut. Heikki was unlucky and will no doubt do well this season. Seems like a really nice, down to earth guy. Kubica has great raw pace but needs to learn more control. Heidfeld really showed him how it's done. Nakajima needs to calm it down and focus a bit more. He seems very eager but needs more discipline. All 3 Japanese teams were very disappointing. Poor reliability with drivers who are too prone to making careless errors. Button can't keep blaming his bad luck. He needs to keep away from trouble. Barrichello made so many schoolboy mistakes for such an experienced driver. Trulli will forever be known for being good at qualification but never the race. I think his 1 race win (with Renault at Monaco a few years back) is the only win he will ever have. Glock and Vettel look promising but they both need to focus more. Sutil and Fisi were also v disappointing. Red Bull and Toro Rosso seem to have developed good cars but they need to improve reliability. Their drivers must iron out the careless mistakes too.

All in all, a dramatic race and a great and exciting start to the season. I can't wait to see the next race at Sepang.