reginos:
Gnil:
reginos:

IMO the Alpine is too expensive for what it is. That Renault kept the weight so low is very commendable in our age of fat cars, but it cannot be the only criterion to pay next to 60.000 for a Renault.

I would prefer a BMW M2 as a small performance DD at roughly this price, with its practicality as an added bonus.

Maybe this should of been posted in the Alpine thread , looks  like forced OT Smiley

The Alpine is 58'500 and that includes nearly all options . Add maybe 2 or 3 k max if you want all what is available .

The M2 is 68'500 , and we know that you will have to add for around 10k of options to make it nice 

The Golf R for example is 46'000  , and there also you can add nearly 10k of options and you end up with '' just a Golf ''

I agree the Alpine is a bit pricey but nearly every part has been built specially for this car with lots of thought in it . Rims are forged, real carbon parts here and there in the inside , aluminium Brembo brakes , light glass windows  etc.... This car weights 1100 kg , and I would now be willing to pay for lightness versus HP and weight . Also the car is supposed to stay a small production car  . 

Oooops Smiley

I was looking for my post in the Alpine thread. I don't know how it ended up here!

I looked at the UK market (right hand steering cars like ours) and the M2 starts from just below £50.000 for DCT model and the Alpine is expected to be priced at around £50.000 when it arrives in July. So it boils down to the optional extras someone chooses.

I would never consider a 4 cylinder Cayman and more so a Golf/Audi at this price range.

IMO the choice is between the novelty and innovation of the Alpine and the completeness and practicality of the BMW.

--

"Porsche....and Nothing else matters"

50K £ would be a crazy price . I posted prices in Euro in France . Even in Switzerland, where cars are more expensive then in the UK or EU , the Alpine does not come close to 50 k £ 

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm --  991 GT3 RS