Hello guys,

I am currently contemplating whether the x51 Power Kit would be a worthwhile investment to add to my tiptronic 997S. It goes for $16.5k here for an OEM job. I have a few questions though;

1. How noticable is the difference between a standard 997S and an x51 997S, in terms of straight line acceleration and engine response? Is it really noticable/significant, or is it just a little nudge of power more at every shift?

2. I know the power is bumped to 381 bhp, but what about the torque? The standard 997S comes with 400 nm of torque, is that increased at all?

3. The Sport Exhaust system will be fitted with the Power Kit as I understand, but if I had the PSE already fitted and then installed the x51, would I notice a difference in the engine sound?

4. How does it compare to the other power kits available, like the one from Gemballa (+55 hp?) / RUF / Hamann (45 hp and 50 tq)? Ive heard the PSE sounds better than most other tuners exhaust systems, any comments on that?

5. When is the recommended time to have the x51 installed? Currently my car has done 5k km's (not planning on changing anything until I hit 10k and get the first check done at least). Also, will the modified engine have to be 'broken in' again in any way?

Any other technical information about the x51 or any experiences with it would be greatly appreciated. Sorry if this has all been discussed before, ive used the search and couldnt find anything on it here.

Thanks chaps!